Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back Home in Californai! What Jet Lag?


Koblenz at the intersection of the Mosel and Rhein Rivers
Finally returned to Los Angeles after 20 days on the road, split between Ireland and Germany. To fight jet lag, I stayed awake (barely) till 10: p.m. PST (7: a.m. German time) then rewarded myself by going to bed, triumphant in not napping. I'd stayed awake 26 hours. When I woke up, it was only 11:57 p.m., not even midnight yet. Reawakened at 2: and 5:, but feel quite fresh and ready to go!





It was perfect weather for boating on the Mosel River! Four hours I sat on the top deck on the bow, waving to barge captains (who waved back) and viewing castles along the hills. Riesling vineyards cover every terraced hillside and the grapes are ripening now. The Mosel is reported to be the lazy river compared to the Rhine.
 
Ship I rode from Cochem to Koblenz on the Mosel River
One day earlier I took a two hour roundtrip boat ride from Trier, also perfect weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment